Use spatial4j to generate a hibernate query

Use spatial4j to generate a hibernate query

lance.java
Hi,

I'd like to use spatial4j to generate a spatial query in hibernate. In particular, I'd like to insert some records in a table with a latitude / longitude and then query the table to return all the records that are within a circle.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Lance.

Re: [Dev] Use spatial4j to generate a hibernate query

dsmiley
Hi Lance,
Ah, no Spatial4j isn't related to your requirement.  Spatial4j is a set of shape implmenetations that support operations such as knowing if a shape is inside, outside, disjoint or intersects with a provided rectangle or point.  Maybe the database you're using has some limited spatial support that you could use -- many databases do.  PostGIS jumps to mind immediately.  I could be mistaken but GeoTools *might* have an abstraction layer to some particular databases for spatial searches.

~ David

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM, lance.java <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to use spatial4j to generate a spatial query in hibernate. In
particular, I'd like to insert some records in a table with a latitude /
longitude and then query the table to return all the records that are within
a circle.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Lance.

Re: [Dev] Use spatial4j to generate a hibernate query

lance.java
Thanks David.

I've asked a related question on stack overflow [1] and thought you might be able to answer some of my questions as you were involved with the lucene-spatial rewrite in lucene 4.0.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14259440/hibernate-search-spatial-queries-and-the-new-lucene-spatial-module

Cheers,
Lance.