Re: [Dev] Fwd: spatial4j 0.3 release?

ryan
maybe now?

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Chris Male <[hidden email]> wrote:

> wee!
>
> Can we get dev as the reply to address?
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello!  does this work?
>>
>> This is a test of a mailing list, and the response to an earlier email
>> from david...

Chris Male
Fixed!

On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:40 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

> Hello!  does this work?
>
> This is a test of a mailing list, and the response to an earlier email
> from david…

Mailing list is working, and my reply auto-CC'ed the list.

(shrug) ok.

>> * The JtsGeoStrategy pending thing in the demo looks neat.
>
> Ya -- hopefully we can figure some way to mix this with a BBox
> strategy and some cache system from DocValues so that we can support
> *any* compex query at scale.  we will see!

Hehe, there will be a lot more to it, I'm sure.  It's one thing to do an exhaustive brute force algorithm, another thing to be smart about it so it scales -- e.g. geohash the bounding box 1st.

>> Why push another release seemingly so soon?  Don't we want to try and get more things right with respect to distance units / projections etc. ?  If you like we can try and do a live code review (over the phone or skype) to look through some of the base classes.  I worked on it a lot and I'm sure it could benefit from your ideas.
>>

> I'd like to be able to compile the whole system soon... integrating
> proj4j has a lot of implications that will take some work -- in
> particular with the distance calculations.
>
> thoughts?

Ok; proj4j can be on hold, but it looms.

~ David

Re: [Dev] Fwd: spatial4j 0.3 release?

ryan
you guys should be able to edit all the settings too.. from:
http://lists.spatial4j.com/admin.cgi/dev-spatial4j.com

I just put in the default settings from dreamhost